Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine Flu

This last week I've been following the Swine Flu issue and have been wondering what will happen to my business if the Swine Flu really does become an epidemic.

I'm wondering if "Business Interruption Insurance" covers an epidemic. I emailed a friend of mine who is a Property Casualty Broker, but I haven't heard back yet. As soon as I do hear back, I'll let you all know.

I'm also thinking that I need to back up my work, and I'm going to sign up with an offsite backup service this week. Nothing like a good epidemic to remind me that I need to do a data backup! Actually I do regular backups that I keep on portable drives, but having an offsite backup is one additional step that one can take to protect the business.

For those of you who've met me, you know that I'm already sort of a "germaphobe". I don't like to shake hands with people just before or during a meal, and I've gotten a lot of flack for this in the past. I don't trust those little bottles of purel to completely kill all of the germs. Lately I've been surprised that people are still shaking hands during meals in light of the 24 hour flu coverage. This drives me crazy!

Anyway, I'll be updating you soon with the information on Business Interuption Insurance and other ways we can all protect our businesses if there was some sort of natural disaster.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment