Monday, May 25, 2009

Business Leader Success Advice: A Break In The Supply Chain

I read the following blog today after my day off observing the Memorial Day Holiday: Business Leader Success Advice: A Break In The Supply Chain

The author does have a point that the bankruptcy of the auto dealers will hurt suppliers and other small businesses that rely on the auto makers for their livelihoods, but I am concerned that the way the government has taken over some banks, some insurance companies, and some auto manufacturers. It's not in the interest of the free market system. It's not in the interest of capitalism.

I understand that our economy needed to be propped up, and I understand that when the bailout occured we were at a very vulnerable position--that we could have entered a recession much larger than the one we are in. But I can't help feeling that we are putting off the inevitable, that if our auto industries can't survive on their own, that they won't survive at all.

And now that we are headed towards government ownership of private business, I can't help wonder...

Is capitalism dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment